Data subject – natural person whose personal data is processed by PerioDent. Data subjects may be PerioDent’s patients, website visitors or other persons who turn to PerioDent.
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”).
Processing of personal data – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated meas, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Health data – any data about natural person’s physical and mental health, including data about the health services provided to the natural person.
2) GENERAL PRINCIPLES
PerioDent ensures the completeness, availability and confidentiality of personal data using the relevant organizational, physical and technological methods.
PerioDent uses only those data processors who ensure proper use of security measures and process data in compliance with PerioDent’s instructions and relevant legislation.
PerioDent’s employees are obliged to keep any personal data, that has become known for them because of their work, confidential.
3) DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES
PerioDent collects personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and it is not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. PerioDent processes personal data on the grounds of legal obligations, a contract (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract), PerioDent’s legitimate interests or the data subject’s consent.
More precisely, PerioDent processes data for the following purposes:
- regisration to the appointment – if you register to the appointment (at our clinic, via email, phone call or website form), we process your name, personal identification code, address, email and telephone number;
- provision of dental care services – we collect and process your personal and health data for diagnosis and treatment;
- regisration of child or person under guardianship to the appointment – we process your personal data and control your relationship with the patient;
- your child or person under guardianship has come to the appointment – we process your personal data to control your relationship with the patient. We give you information about the patient’s personal data, if the patient or law enforcement bodies have not stated otherwise;
- the patient has marked you as his/her contact person – we process your contact information to give you information about the patient;
- applying for the issuing of your (your child’s or person’s under gurdianship) medical documents – the issuing of the documents takes place in compliance with the legal bases. We process data for the issuing of the documents on the ground of your consent;
- you make a proposition or you want to thank us – we publish your personal data (name) to our employees on the grounds of your consent;
- you file a complaint or a request for information – we use your personal data to find out about the complaint/request for information or to answer to the complaint/request for information. If you have made an inquiry that can be answered only by our contractual partner, we forward your request for the right institution and inform you about that.
- to send you marketing messages and newsletters – we use your name, email address and/or telephone number on the grounds of your consent.
- to protect and exercise the violated or contested rights of PerioDent – in relation to legal requirements, their verification and defense in court or out of court. Processing is carried out on the basis of PerioDent’s legitimate interest and performance of a contract with you;
- you apply for the job – we use the data you have provided to us or which may be collected from public sources. If you send us your CV, you give us the consent to contact you.
4) TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
PerioDent has the right or obligation to share data subject’s personal data and contact information:
- to the companies who provide credit management services. Data is shared only, if the patient has an unpaid financial obligation to PerioDent. Such data processing is done on the grounds of Law of Obligations Act;
- to the companies who provide marketing services to PerioDent. Data is shared only, if you have given your consent which is in compliance with the law;
- to the companies and public authorities, if it is an legal obligation.
PerioDent has the right or obligation to disclose patient’s personal data to the following institutions/companies:
- Health Information System (E-tervis). We disclose the data about the visit. The obligation for disclosing comes from the Health Services Organization Act;
- Estonian Health Insurance Fund. We disclose data about the visit, if Estonian Health Insurance Fund pays for the visit. The obligation for disclosing comes from the Health Insurance Act and from the contracts between PerioDent and Estonian Health Insurance Fund;
- Other medical institutions (including dental labs). We disclose only health data which is needed to provide health services for the patient or to prepare prosthetic works;
- Compaines and institutions if we have the legal obligation to disclose data.
PerioDent does not transfer your personal data outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
5) STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
PerioDent processes your personal data as long as it is necessary for the data processing purposes, the time limits set by legislation or the protection of PerioDent’s rights, if there is a need to solve disputes. PerioDent storages the health data of PerioDent’s patients for 110 years starting from the patient’s birth.
After the storage deadline, the personal data stored on paper is destroyed and electronical data is deleted. If you wish to get more information about the storage of your personal data, please contact us.
6) YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PerioDent ensures data subjects the rights under existing legislation. You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- request access to your personal data – you have the right to ask PerioDent what types of your personal data is being processed by PerioDent;
- request rectification of your personal data – you have the right to ask PerioDent to correct your personal data, if they are incomplete or incorrect;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data – you have the right to ask PerioDent to delete your personal data, for example, when you have withdrawn your consent for data processing;
- request a restriction on processing of your personal data;
- when your personal data is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to withdrawal;
- right to data portability;
- right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence.
The rights listed in this chapter are not unlimited rights. In certain cases, PerioDent’s legitimate interests or legal obligations may limit your rights.
1) WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookie is a small text file saved by website on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website. Cookies are used to ensure the functionality of a website, to improve the user experience and to collect certain data for website owners. Cookies used on PerioDent’s website may include information about your preferences and help us to adjust the website considering these preferences.
3) THE PURPOSE OF COOKIES
Some cookies are inevitably essential for our website or the functionality of our website. If you block these cookies, you may not use our website. For example, such cookies include cookies that determine whether the user has agreed with the cookies the website uses.
Such cookies do not collect any data about you that could be used for marketing purposes or for remembering which websites you have visited.
We may use analytical cookies with web server log files to improve the efficiency of our website. For that, we collect aggregate information about how many visitors our website has, from which channels they come to our website and which pages they visit on our website.
To analyse such data, we use Google Analytics and its cookies. These cookies are used to determine whether the website visitor is a new or a recurring visitor (this cookie expires in two years), to identify which pages are visited and how long the visitor stays on the website (this cookie expires in 30 minutes), and understand how the visitor reached our website (this cookie expires in 6 months). This information is needed to better understand the behaviour of our website visitors and thereby improve the user experience of our website. Click here to read Google’s data protection principles.
We may use advertising cookies to show you ads. These kind of cookies are used also to analyse the effectiveness of our newsletters and other marketing messages.
SharpSpring cookies are used to analyse whether the newsletter has been opened and whether the links in that newsletter have been clicked. This information is essential to better understand the behaviour of our contacts and thereby to send them more relevant information. PerioDent uses (a) SharpSpring cookies with a purpose to ensure the functionality of the platform (these kind of cookies do not identify anyone) and (b) SharpSpring tracking cookies which track the visitor by IP-address and may collect additional information. Click here to read SharpSpring’s data protection principles.
4) HOW TO DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES
You may disable or delete cookies on your computer any time. If you wish to disable or delete cookies, please change the privacy settings of your web browser. You can get more information about how to change the cookie settings on different browsers from the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ .
Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may need to adjust certain preferences manually every time when you visit the website, and certain features may not work.
Currently applicable version is effective from: 08.10.2018